Citrus Chia Cake
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 1 orange
- 1 Tbspn chia seeds
- 1&3/4 cups almond meal
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1&1/2 tsp baking powder
- Remove top of orange, cut & score the inner flesh with a cross, down to 3 cm.
- Place in a saucepan with water almost to top of orange. Simmer for 50 mins. Don't allow all water to boil away. Pre-heat oven to 160C.
- Scoop out flesh and place in a small bowl. Puree with stick blender.
- Soak chia seeds for 15 mins in water.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add the coconut sugar.
- Stir until mixed through. Add almond meal & baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in orange puree and chia seeds.
- Pour into medium sized lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 40-50 mins, until centre bounces back when touched lightly.
- Allow cake to cool for 5 mins in tin, then on a rack.
- This is the tastiest citrus cake ever that's so good for you. It smells great cooking in the oven, but tastes even better!
Merridy Casson https://merridycasson.com/