Haloumi Salad with Roasted Beetroot & Carrot
Write a review
- 1/2 cup pearl barley, rinsed well
- 3 cups water
- 2 carrots cut into cubes
- 1 large beetroot, cubed
- 3 Tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 4 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
- basil leaves
- 1 block haloumi, cut into 8 slices
- 1-2 teas za'atar spice
- 2 cups rocket, washed
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (fan-forced)
- Cook pearl barley in rice cooker with the water, for about 40-45 mins or until water absorbed, but barley not sticking.
- Place carrot & beetroot in baking tray with a touch of oil. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Bake for about 45 mins or until golden. Stir during cooking time.
- Combine yoghurt with chopped basil and touch of olive oil. Season lightly.
- Pat dry haloumi and toss in bowl with remaining oil and spice.
- Heat frying pan and cook for 1-2 mins on each side or until golden.
- Combine the barley, baked veg and rocket in a bowl with remaining oil and toss.
- To serve, divide salad between plates and top with haloumi.
- Garnish with yoghurt dressing and a pinch of sesame seeds.
Merridy Casson https://merridycasson.com/