Nuts About Porridge
Write a review
- 25g unsalted raw walnuts
- 40g unsalted almonds
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- dash of cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp almond nut butter
- pumpkin seeds & cherries to garnish
- In a processor or Nutribullet, place nuts, flaxseed, cinnamon and process quickly so mixture is a bit chunky still.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs & milk together until well combined.
- In another small bowl, mash together the banana and nut butter until creamy.
- Pour the nut mix into the egg mix and stir well to combine.
- Add in the banana and nut butter.
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat constantly until thicker and heated through. The mix can stick if left unattended.
- Remove from heat when the desired consistency.
- Serve with cherries or berries and a pinch of pumpkin seeds.
- Serves 2 - this is a delicious low carb, high fibre, moderate protein breakfast that will sustain for hours!
Merridy Casson https://merridycasson.com/