Quinoa Cakes with Salmon
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons rice bran oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 150g feta
- ½ cup chopped, pitted olives
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Fresh coriander, chilli & chives
- Rice bran oil for frying
- Natural yoghurt
- 300g sliced smoked salmon
- Place quinoa & 2 cups water in rice cooker. Set on ‘rice’setting and cook until water absorbed. Allow to cool.
- Place 1-2 Tbsp rice bran oil in frypan on medium heat & stir in chopped leek for 3 mins until soft.
- In a bowl, combine leek, quinoa, feta, olives, rice flour, lemon rind, paprika, herbs, chilli and egg.
- Season, shape tablespoonfuls into patties.
- Cook in pan for about 2 mins each side. Drain on paper towel.
- Top each quinoa cake with yoghurt and smoked salmon and a dash of paprika.
Merridy Casson https://merridycasson.com/