Raw Xmas Pudding with Mango Custard
Write a review
- 250g pitted, chopped dates
- 220g chopped dried apricots
- 150g almond meal
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 mango
- 1/4 cup orange juice
For the pudding
- Place all ingredients in the processor except the orange juice and process until resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Place in a bowl and add 2 Tbsps of orange juice. The mixture should stick together when squeezed with fingers.
- Line a small ramekin or bowl with gladwrap and fill with the pudding mix to the rim.
- Invert onto a tray or into a container, to store in the fridge. No cooking involved!
- Repeat the process until all mixture is used, making 5-6 small puddings.
For the custard
- Place all ingredients into a Bullet or blender and blend together well. This is a thick consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon a small amount of custard over each pudding and sprinkle with coconut.
- As an alternative, melt while chocolate and pour over each pudding. Allow to cool and set before serving.
Merridy Casson https://merridycasson.com/