It is completely normal for hormone levels to change throughout your lifetime. From the onset of puberty through to menopause, your reproductive hormones are constantly fluctuating, however if they are too high or too low, they can impact on how you feel every day.
Signs that your hormones are out of balance:
- Moody & agitated behaviour, anxiety
- Night sweats, hot flushes
- Painful periods
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Fluid retention
- Breast tenderness
Many women accept these hormonally related symptoms as just something to tolerate and, they are not!
Lifestyle and Dietary Recommendations
- Stress management techniques
- Personalised Weight Loss Program
- Individualised Detoxification Program
- Regular cardio and weight bearing exercise
- Time out and relaxation techniques
- Dietary recommendations:
- Ginger, rosemary, turmeric, coriander, dill, fennel, parsley.
- Pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts.
- Soya beans, chickpeas, quinoa, millet, bulgar, buckwheat, brown rice.
- Blueberries, strawberries, oranges, grapes, avocado, banana, figs, blackberries.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, spinach, cabbage, mushrooms, celery, onion, alfalfa sprouts.
- Low fat milk (or calcium-rich substitute ? almond, rice, soy, oat milk), yoghurt, deep-sea fish.
- Filtered water, green tea, dandelion tea, chamomile tea, spearmint tea.
- Limit alcohol to < 1 drink daily.