We often think of “getting healthy” as something we’ll get around to once we’ve taken care of all the important things. Why is it that we don’t have time to exercise, or shop for nourishing food or cook gourmet healthy meals?
Lack of time seems to drive everything. Fast-food has become a multi-billion dollar industry. We can purchase unhealthy, processed food 24/7 and have a meal ready in just a few minutes. But what about our health?
Is it because we can’t see the damage that we don’t prioritise our health?:
We are unable to see:
- the toxins, free radicals & unbalanced hormones affecting our bodies
- viruses & bacteria infecting our immune systems
- the effects of nutrient deficiencies
- when we become less effective at processing sugar
- our brain cells dying or arteries clogging
What we can see are the long-term consequences of unhealthy behaviour, eg. chronic disease (diabetes, obesity, heart disease), reduced physical function, sickness, impaired cognitive function, decreased emotional wellbeing.
Prevent these long-term consequences from taking a grip on your life and make the time to get healthy today!