https://merridycasson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/sit2.jpg 532 800 Merridy https://merridycasson.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/mcassonfacebook-300x111.jpg Merridy2016-11-23 15:23:052020-04-07 21:03:29Why Sitting is Bad for You!
Just as exercise can’t counteract the effects of smoking, it can not counteract the effects of sitting for lengthy periods of the day.
Here’s Why Sitting is bad for you:
- After 1 hour of being seated – electrical activity in our muscles and our ability to burn calories both reduce significantly.
- After 3 hours – our arteries reduce in diameter by about half, which decreases blood flow everywhere in our body.
- After 6 hours – insulin becomes less effective at clearing blood sugar.
- After 2 weeks of sitting about 6 hours per day – LDL’s (bad fats) accumulate in our blood; enzymes that help breakdown fat, take a dive and muscles begin to breakdown.
- After 1 year of this continued sedentary lifestyle – there is a marked reduction in bone density and our brain function slows as significantly less blood is being pumped around the body.
- After 10 or more years of this – our quality of life becomes severely impacted which may lead to a reduction in lifespan of quite a number of years … Worth contemplating, while standing of course!