Do You Get Enough Vitamin D?
Take this quick test:
1) Are you out in the sun daily, for 30-40 mins in Winter (in South Australia), with arms & legs exposed, around midday?
2) Are you in the sun daily, for 10 mins in Summer, with skin exposed, mid morning?
3) Would you consume oily fish, eggs & mushrooms in your diet regularly?
4) Is your skin naturally dark?
5) Do you always apply sunblock every time you are going to be outside for awhile?
6) Do you wear clothing that covers you from head to toe most of the time you are outside?
If you answered “no” to 1 & 2, and “yes” to 3-6, chances are that you may be deficient in Vitamin D.
Vitamin D is a vital nutrient made by the body when the skin is exposed to UV radiation. It is needed by your body for a wide range of jobs:
- boosting your immunity so you are less likely to end up in bed feeling sick
- playing a role in mood modulation ? helping you feel good
- supporting weight loss
- supporting your physical structure ? making your bones and muscles strong. A vitamin D deficiency can lead to muscle wastage, leaving muscles looking weak and weedy. Several studies have shown that vitamin D supplementation can improve muscle strength, function and balance.
However vitamin D on its own may not be enough. Calcium, phosphorus and particularly magnesium are all needed to activate vitamin D and ensure it can do its many jobs properly; therefore if one of its cofactors is lacking then your vitamin D levels may be adversely affected.
- Contact me today on 0438 577 351 and have your Vitamin D levels checked now. You may need a top quality supplement to add to your daily routine of measured amounts of UV radiation.